Last modified: September 21, 2018
OpticalLock, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information when you visit the website www.opticallock.com (our “Website”) or when you use any of our products and services.
OpticalLock adheres to all applicable personal data privacy laws and regulations of the United States and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website or from within our mobile apps and web-based software.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, account password, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as whether you are a business entity or a consumer, the country you are located in, a screenname used to access your profile on our Website; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- We use Google Analytics and Google Adwords cookies to collect data. However, all of the data is anonymized and it is not connected with personally identifiable information.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website, which is maintained in encrypted form on secure servers, may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other OpticalLock services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we will give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information or we may maintain it with information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Location Data. OpticalLock may offer location-enabled services, such as GPS information for mobile devices and our products. If you use those services, OpticalLock may receive information about your or the product’s actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
OpticalLock processes personal data as a Controller, as defined by the GDPR. All data collected by us will be stored in secure hosting facilities by Siteground. All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for order fulfillment, billing, delivery, and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Protecting the rights or property of OpticalLock or our users.
- Developing new services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information We Will Never Collect or Process. We will never collect or process information related to the following categories unless we are required to by law:
- Race or ethnic origin;
- Political opinions;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Trade union memberships;
- Genetic or biometric data;
- Health or mortality; and
- Sex life or sexual orientation.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and clients.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OpticalLock, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or by logging into your account and unchecking the relevant boxes. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 10017 Prospect Avenue, Suite B, Santee, CA 92071.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are handled by a third party payment service provider and will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use OpticalLock services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you created an account on our website, you can access and change your online profile yourself. You can also ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. You may also ask us to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information or let us know that you do not want to receive any further communication from us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 10017 Prospect Avenue, Suite B, Santee, CA 92071.
Contact us any time to:
- Request access to information that OpticalLock has about you.
- Correct any information that OpticalLock has about you.
- Delete information that OpticalLock has about you.
10017 Prospect Avenue, Suite B, Santee, CA 92071
or call us: (619) 784-6685